The Singing Voice
Each voice is unique and entirely different to another persons voice, so although we have the same basic anatomy the unique magic of your voice sets you apart.
To understand what you can do with your voice means exercising it like you would exercise when you swim, run, walk or play sport, yoga, pilates or any other form of physical exercise.
I start with each voice and work through the following areas to help you better understand and develop your voice.:
- Breathing – how you breathe and understanding whether you breathe shallow, deep or quickly.
Posture – To allow the body to move air and sound freely without any imbalances in the skeletal structure of your body.
- Pitch, Tone and Volume – The magical ability of your mouth, throat, vocal folds, soft palate, breath, tongue and body spacial structures to produce your own unique sound and vocal expressions.
- Pronounciation – Each person and the language they speak articulates sounds differently so helping you to rectify or clean up your speaking sound and improve how you sing words in different languages is something I work on.
- Vocal Insights – How to relax your sound, relax your jaw and open your throat to ensure a free and clear flow of air and sounds.
- Humming and Yawning – How to use these two tools to loosen and relax your voice and sound.
- Visual Imagery – Helping the individual align their body to ensure that the body, posture, breath, skeletel structures and sound flow easily and freely.
- Techniques – mouth relaxation, jaw relaxation, neck alignment, developing breath support, visual cues, use of intercostal muscles and much more.
- Music – full musical development from basic sounds to full song development, learning, interpretation, language use, correct use of words and music and full music al interpretation in your voice.
- Voice Health – supportive help to ensure a healthy and fresh voice and your long term vocal longevity. Staying away from certain foods and environmental challenges.
As I value the need for student and teacher to have a good understanding I welcome your contact where we can discuss your needs and how we can work together.
If you have questions about whether I am the right vocal coach for you, why not book a Discovery Session whereby we can better understand your requirements.
OR BOOK NOW for a singing, or vocal coaching session using the button below. Choose the option that best suits your needs and a day/time. For anything else Contact me.